|Aims & Scope|
Engineering is an international open-access journal that was launched by the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE) in 2015. Its aims are to provide a high-level platform where cutting-edge advancements in engineering R&D, current major research outputs, and key achievements can be disseminated and shared; to report progress in engineering science, discuss hot topics, areas of interest, challenges, and prospects in engineering development, and consider human and environmental well-being and ethics in engineering; to encourage engineering breakthroughs and innovations that are of profound economic and social importance, enabling them to reach advanced international standards and to become a new productive force, and thereby changing the world, benefiting humanity, and creating a new future.
We are interested in:
(1) News & Highlights: This section covers engineering news from a global perspective and includes updates on engineering issues of high concern.
(2) Views & Comments: This section is aimed at raising academic debates in scientific and engineering community, encouraging people to express new ideas, and providing a platform for the comments on some comprehensive issues.
(3) Research: This section reports on outstanding research results in the form of research articles, reviews, perspectives, and short communications regarding critical engineering issues, and so on.
All manuscripts must be prepared in English, and are subject to a rigorous and fair peer-review process. Accepted papers will immediately appear online, and will be translated into Chinese.
The contents of our journal are based on the disciplines covered by the nine CAE divisions:· Mechanical and Vehicle Engineering
· Information and Electronic Engineering
· Chemical, Metallurgical, and Materials Engineering
· Energy and Mining Engineering
· Civil, Hydraulic, and Architecture Engineering
· Environment&Light and Textile Industries Engineering
· Medical and Health Care
· Engineering Management
Focusing on current hot topics and cutting-edge fields of engineering, Engineering has established guest editorial boards to publish special issues on such topics. On the official website of Engineering (www.journals.elsevier.com/engineering/ or www.engineering.org.cn), each special issue has its own webpage in order to allow progressive publishing, draw attention from the public, and ensure long-term development.
The CAE is the highest honorary and consultative academic institution in engineering science and technology in China. It consists of more than 800 CAE members, and is devoted to promoting the development of engineering science.
Academic research spearheads the development of engineering science and technology. To better lead engineering development and to provide a high-level international platform for engineering exchanges, the CAE worked with world-renowned engineering experts and scholars to launch Engineering. This initiative has received continuous responses and strong support from UNESCO, the International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences (CAETS) member academies, and celebrated experts and scholars.
The contents of our journal are based on the disciplines covered by the nine CAE divisions: